Looking for some fresh Bullet Journal page ideas? Well, you’re in the right place!
We all know that a Bullet Journal is more than just a notebook; it’s a personal tool that helps us organize our lives and achieve our goals. But setting these goals can sometimes be a bit tricky, right?
Well, don’t worry. There are many ways to set up your goals pages, and an array of techniques to ensure you choose the method that works best for you.
In this friendly guide, we’ll dive into several different methods for setting Bullet Journal goals, and pose some important questions to ask yourself during the process. The aim here is to ensure you’re setting the right goals in the right way. So, grab your Bullet Journal, put on your thinking cap, and let’s get started!
So! You’re starting a new year and writing down your goals! It all feels so exciting and real, right? You’re full of hope and inspiration to make it all happen this year! I know this because I totally have the same feeling every January.
However, life gets in the way and by the time the next December has come, I often find my January goals have been mostly forgotten.
The thing is, just writing them down isn’t really enough. You have to build an action plan and make little steps towards your goals each day. That’s why, today, we’ll be talking about all of this and more!
And before we dive in, I wanted to let you know that there is a freebie at the end of the post, as well as more resources on creative ways to use your techniques in your Bullet Journal and goals page inspirations.
Why You Should Use Bullet Journal For Goal Setting
Bullet Journal is more than just a collection of pages, it’s a secret garden, a space where you can work on your goals and dreams like a gardener tending to their plants.
In this digital age where apps and gizmos are popping up left and right, there’s still something incredibly charming and magical about good ol’ pen and paper. Trust me, as a seasoned Bullet Journal enthusiast, I’ve experienced this magic first-hand.
So, let’s dive into the rabbit hole and explore why your Bullet Journal is the perfect partner for goal-setting, based on my own adventures in Bullet Journaling.
First off, never underestimate the power of writing. It’s like a superpower we all possess but often forget to use. The simple act of writing your goals down can have a profound impact on your brain. As Forbes points out, if you vividly picture the goals you want to achieve, you’re anywhere from 1.2 to 1.4 times more likely to make them happen.
So, by spending quality time with your Bullet Journal, reflecting and defining exactly what your goals are, you’re already increasing your chances of achieving them.
But wait, there’s more! Your Bullet Journal also serves as a constant reminder of your aspirations. You can incorporate your goals into your monthly, weekly, and daily spreads.
This means that every time you open your journal, you’re reminded of the steps you need to take towards your success. It’s like having your personal cheerleader, always rooting for you and reminding you of your potential.
So, whether it’s a personal goal, a professional ambition, or a random thought that sparks joy, jot it down in your Bullet Journal. Remember, every big success starts with small steps. And with your Bullet Journal by your side, you’re well-equipped to pave the path to your dreams.
And because I’m all about making things easier for you, here’s a handy-dandy checklist of reasons to use a Bullet Journal for goal setting:
- Writing Power: writing goals down increases your chances of achieving them.
- Constant Reminder: your Bullet Journal serves as a daily reminder of your goals.
- Organization: monthly, weekly, and daily spreads help you organize your goals and track progress.
- Customizable: you can personalize your Bullet Journal to suit your unique style and needs.
- Motivation: seeing your goals in writing can boost motivation and commitment.
- Reflection: your Bullet Journal provides space for reflection and reassessment of your goals.
- Creativity: using a Bullet Journal allows you to express your creativity while working towards your goals.
So, ready to start your Bullet Journaling adventure? Let’s get scribbling and start formulating the goals you’re excited for and absolutely can achieve!
How To Choose Your Goals
Oh, the first step. It’s like standing on the edge of a diving board, isn’t it? You’re about to take the plunge into the pool of goal-setting, and deciding what those goals should be is the biggest leap of all. Trust me, I’ve been there, done that, and got the Bullet Journal to prove it!
The internet is chock-full of examples, like a buffet loaded with every dish you can imagine. And let’s not forget the well-meaning coworkers and family members who, like chefs at the buffet, are always ready to offer up their own goals and resolutions for you to sample.
Now, it can be very tempting to just fill your plate with these ready-made goals. After all, who doesn’t want to pile on healthier eating habits, a regular workout routine, and a stack of books to read? Sounds delicious, right?
But hold on! That’s a buffet trap if I ever saw one! You see, if you set goals that aren’t truly yours—goals that you don’t REALLY want to achieve for yourself—it’s like biting into a dish that looked appealing but doesn’t really suit your palate. You’re more likely to leave it unfinished.
Your goals need to be as unique as your taste, so take some time to ponder, to really figure out what flavors you want in your life.
Now, you might be wondering, “How do I know what I want?” Well, my friend, I’ve got a few questions that might help guide you on this culinary journey of self-discovery.
Yes, it might seem like a Michelin-star level challenge, but trust me, it’s absolutely worth it!
- What are my values and strengths? Think of these as your favorite ingredients, the ones that make any dish feel like comfort food.
- What do I want my life to look like? Imagine your life as a five-course meal. What dishes do you want to see on that menu?
- What would I do if money wasn’t an issue? If you had an unlimited budget, what extravagant dish would you splurge on?
- What have I been meaning to do, but people around me say it’s too big of a thing for me to accomplish? Is there a complicated recipe you’ve been wanting to try, but others have been telling you it’s too difficult?
Remember, there’s no right or wrong answer here. This is your personal menu, and you’re the chef. So, put on your apron, grab your Bullet Journal, and let’s start cooking up some goals!
This post may contain affiliate links. They will be of no extra expense for you, but I receive a small credit. Please see my Disclosure for more details. Thank you for supporting Masha Plans!
How To Formulate Effective Goals
Ah, that glorious moment when an idea sparks in your mind. It’s like finding a shiny penny on the ground, isn’t it? And just like you wouldn’t leave that penny lying around, it’s time to pick up that idea and start formulating it into a goal.
But wait! Before you rush off to the goal-setting races, let’s take a moment to ensure that we’re setting ourselves up for success. There’s an art to it, you know.
I’ve come across quite a few techniques during my adventures. Allow me to share some of the most popular ones with you. Think of them as the secret sauce to achieving your goals. They’ll add flavor to your Bullet Journal and spice up your journey to success.
But before we dive in, remember this: just like not everyone likes the same sauce, not all techniques will suit everyone. So, feel free to try them out, mix and match, or even create your own. After all, your Bullet Journal is your personal recipe book for success!
Alright, now that we’ve got that out of the way, let’s dig into these delicious techniques.
Rapid Planning Method
Ah, the RPM method. It’s like a secret weapon in the world of goal-setting, and trust me, I’ve seen my fair share of techniques. But there’s something about this one that really revs my engine.
Maybe it’s because it was developed by none other than Tony Robbins, the master of motivation himself. Or maybe it’s because RPM stands for:
M: Massive Action Plan
You see, these aren’t just fancy words; they’re the three pillars that hold up your goal-setting castle. They’re like the fairy godmother of your Cinderella story, transforming vague ideas into sparkling goals.
So, how does it work, you ask? Well, my friend, it all starts with asking yourself three simple (yet profound) questions:
- What do I really want? (result): This is like drawing a treasure map. You need to know what treasure you’re searching for, right? And by treasure, I mean the result you want to achieve. So, put on your pirate hat, grab your Bullet Journal, and start mapping out your desired outcome.
- Why do I really want it? (purpose): Now, this is where things get interesting. You see, wanting a treasure is one thing, but knowing why you want it—that’s the real gold. It’s the wind in your sails, the compass guiding your ship. It’s your purpose, my friend, and it’s what will keep you motivated on your journey.
- What is my massive action plan? (Massive Action Plan): Ah, the final piece of the puzzle. This is your battle strategy, your game plan. It’s the step-by-step path you’ll take to reach your treasure. And let me tell you, there’s nothing more satisfying than plotting your course in your Bullet Journal.
Now, I know what you’re thinking: “That sounds great, but how will it help me?” Well, let me tell you, this method is like a magic spell. It puts you in the right mindset, helps you figure out your real goals and intentions, and gets you all fired up to start on your action plan. It’s like a shot of espresso for your motivation!
And if you’re still doubting, worry not; I have a few more other techniques ready for you!
The classic SMART goal-setting technique is like the trusty old pair of jeans in your wardrobe—you know, the one that never goes out of style and always fits just right.
This method has been around for ages, almost as long as the concept of goal-setting itself. And why, you ask? Well, let me tell you a little secret: it works!
Now, before we dive into the nitty-gritty of SMART goals, let’s take a moment to appreciate its elegance. Much like the perfect pair of jeans, it’s simple, practical, and versatile.
Whether you’re looking to run a marathon, start a blog, or just drink more water every day, the SMART method is your reliable companion, ready to guide you on your goal-setting journey.
So, what does SMART stand for? Great question! Let’s break it down together:
- S: Specific (or significant): This is where your goal-setting adventure begins. You need to be clear about what you want to achieve. Just saying “I want to get fit” won’t cut it. Instead, try something like “I want to be able to run 5 kilometers without stopping.” Now, that’s a specific goal!
- M: Measurable (or meaningful): How will you know when you’ve achieved your goal? That’s where the ‘M’ comes in. Your goals need to be measurable. For example, instead of saying “I want to read more,” say “I want to read 30 pages every day.” That way, you can track your progress and celebrate when you reach your goal.
- A: Attainable (or action-oriented): Setting a goal to become an astronaut might be exciting, but is it attainable? Your goals should challenge you, but they should also be achievable. Plus, they should inspire action. So, instead of “I want to lose weight,” try “I want to work out for 30 minutes every day.”
- R: Relevant (or rewarding): Your goals should be relevant to your life and your aspirations. They should align with your values and long-term plans. And let’s not forget—they should be rewarding! After all, reaching a goal is a cause for celebration, isn’t it?
- T: Time-bound (or trackable): Every goal needs a deadline. It’s like the finish line of your marathon—knowing it’s there keeps you motivated to keep running. So, whether it’s a week, a month, or a year, set a timeline for your goal.
With this trusty technique by your side, you’re well on your way to conquering your goals. And remember, your Bullet Journal is your ultimate SMART goals companion, ready to help you plan, track, and celebrate your progress.
Level 10 Life
Imagine your life as a giant pizza, divided into ten delicious slices. Each slice represents a different sphere of your life. Maybe one slice is your career, another is your health, and yet another is your personal growth. You get the idea.
Now, here’s where things get interesting. You’re going to evaluate each slice of your life pizza on a scale from 1 to 10. Think of it as a pizza review—but instead of judging the crust or the toppings, you’re rating your satisfaction in each area of your life.
Take your time with this, my friend. Pour yourself a cup of tea, find a cozy spot, and really dig deep. This isn’t a race; it’s a journey of self-discovery. And trust me, it’s worth every second.
Now, once you’ve given each slice a score, it’s time to roll up your sleeves and get down to business. Ask yourself: what would it take to score a perfect 10 in each area? What are the ingredients of your perfect life pizza?
This is where your Bullet Journal comes in handy. Grab your favorite pen (you know, the one that glides across the page like a figure skater on ice) and start jotting down your thoughts. Remember, these aren’t just goals; they’re your recipe for a perfect 10 life.
Maybe you need to hit the gym more often to boost your health slice. Or perhaps you need to network more to spice up your career slice. Whatever it is, write it down. This is your action plan, your roadmap to a 10/10 life.
And here’s the best part: with your Bullet Journal by your side, you can track your progress, celebrate your wins, and tweak your plan as you go.
Be sure to check the link at the end of this post to learn more about this goal setting technique.
This is my preferred method of goal setting. Picture this: it’s the beginning of the year, and you’re sitting down with your Bullet Journal, ready to plot out your goals. Now, instead of jotting down a long list of resolutions (we’ve all been there, right?), I like to create a vision board.
Imagine it as a collage of dreams, aspirations, and milestones you’d like to reach by the end of the year. Maybe it’s running a 5k race, learning how to play the guitar, or finally starting that blog you’ve been dreaming about.
Whatever it is, visualize it, and then put it on your vision board. This gives you a clear picture of what you’re striving towards—a snapshot of your future success, if you will.
But here’s where things get interesting. Instead of tackling all your goals at once (a surefire way to burnout city), I like to break them down by quarter.
Think of it as taking a road trip. Your vision board is the final destination, but your quarterly goals are the pit stops along the way. Each quarter, you focus on one major goal. It’s like zooming in on a piece of the puzzle, giving it your undivided attention.
And guess what? This approach has some serious perks. For starters, it makes your goals feel less daunting. Instead of staring up at a mountain of tasks, you’re taking it one hill at a time. Plus, with the clock ticking, you’ve got a powerful motivator to push through and make it happen.
Now, if you’re curious about the nitty-gritty of setting quarterly goals, I’ve got just the thing for you. I’ve put together a video where I walk you through my entire process, from the pages I use in my Bullet Journal to the exact steps I follow to set my goals.
What To Ask Yourself When Setting Your Goals
Fantastic! You’ve got your Bullet Journal open, your favorite pen at the ready, and a steaming cup of motivation (or coffee, whichever you prefer) by your side. It’s time to dive into the exciting world of goal-setting!
But wait, before we start scribbling down those big dreams of yours, let’s take a moment to pause and reflect.
You see, setting goals isn’t just about deciding what you want to achieve; it’s also about understanding why you want to achieve it and how you plan to get there. And that, my friend, involves asking yourself some pretty important questions.
Now that you’re ready to work through the goals, here are a few questions you should ask yourself.
Why do I want that?
Your why is the key to staying on track and eventually achieving your goals.
As long as you know why, you’ll be able to power through all the difficulties you’ll meet on your way.
By asking yourself this question, you’ll also be able to test if it’s really your goal or if it’s really something you really really want.
What do I need to do to achieve it?
Time to think of an outline of your action plan. Divide your goal into small actionable steps and better yet – assign a certain date to each one of them!
If you have a plan and you put yourself on a deadline you’ll be more likely to achieve it since it’s not just a huge unattainable goal anymore, but instead, simple steps you already have scheduled.
What can stop me?
Now that you know what to do, it’s time to work through the challenges you might face. Think of all the things that can go wrong and stand in your way.
Next, think of ways you can deal with them. When trouble comes and you’re already prepared to deal with it, it honestly won’t be so scary and difficult. Use this step to build your confidence.
What if ….
When setting goals, especially very ambitious ones, it’s easy to get paralyzed by fear. Spend some time working through it.
First, think of what happens if you fail. No, your friends and family won’t judge you, and it won’t be the end of the world. It will be a good lesson and a lot of practice, so you know what to do next and how to be better.
Secondly, think about what you get if you actually achieve it. And I mean really think about it, in detail. How will you feel, how will your life change? Isn’t it worth the risk?!
Tips For Achieving Goals
If you’re reading this, it’s likely that you’ve taken the first significant steps towards making your dreams a reality. You’ve set your goals, mapped out an action plan, and are now on the verge of embarking on an exciting journey of self-improvement and personal growth!
But before you take that leap, I wanted to share some additional guidance, a few nuggets of wisdom if you will, to help keep you motivated and focused on your path.
- Create a vision board and preferably leave it somewhere where you can see it every day. This is a great motivation and it will help you to stay in focus.
- Get support from people. When your loved ones believe in you and support your goals, it’s really an extra push to stay accountable and make sure to follow through.
- Commit to a schedule or a routine. Having a schedule will keep you organized and ensure you do something every day toward achieving your goals.
- Set realistic goals. Your goals have to scare and challenge you in their dreaminess, however, they still must be realistic and attainable. If it all turned out to be too easy and was achieved in a few months – good! just set a new goal, maybe a more difficult one this time.
- Track your progress. This is a crucial step! By tracking your progress you not only remind yourself of your focus and stay enthusiastic, but you also learn if your action plan works or if it needs some tweaking.
- Celebrate little wins. Finally, make sure you give yourself credit for achieving milestones on your way to the big goal. This will bring a newfound enthusiasm to your journey and definitely will make it much more fun.
Remember, every step you take, every decision you make in pursuit of your goals brings you one step closer to turning your dreams into reality. So, embrace the journey, learn from the challenges, and celebrate your progress.
Free Bullet Journal Printables
Of course, I didn’t want to leave you without a freebies. So, already in the Resources Vault you can find several printable pages that will help you with goal setting.
If you don’t have access yet, you can always sign up in the form below.
Once you confirm your subscription, you’ll get the password to get 50+ free Bullet Journal printables, stickers, and worksheets to use right away.
If you’ve never used printables before, be sure to check my post How To Use Printables In Your Bullet Journal.
It’s pretty basic, and you can find all the supplies you need in my post Supplies For Using Bullet Journal Printables.
I hope you’re hyped to get started on your goals, and here are a few more blog posts to inspire you and give you more ideas on how to create stunning goals Bullet Journal pages that will work for you.
- 17 Bullet Journal Goals Page Ideas
- How To Make A Bullet Journal Vision Board
- Set Life Goals With Level 10 Life Bullet Journal Page Ideas
>>> What is one major goal you set for yourself this year? Let us know in the comments.
Hope this post was useful if you find it so, please share! If you enjoy my content and want to show your appreciation, please consider supporting me with a cup of coffee.
And always remember! Keep Bullet Journaling, and Don’t be a Blob!