If you want to learn how to doodle, the best way to do it is by practicing. But surprisingly, it can get difficult to think of things to doodle.
This is exactly why I’m creating this post for you, full of doodling prompts that will give you ideas on what to doodle and get you into a habit of doodling every day.
I know when you get started, doodling seems like a secret talent only a few have. But the truth is – everyone can doodle; creativity is a muscle; you just need to train yourself.
I have a freebie for you at the end of the post to help you get started if this is where you are in your doodling journey.
But back to training your muscles – the best way to do that is by practicing. Even if it’s just doodling one thing a day, you’ll see your progress in time.
Below you’ll find a list of doodling prompts you can use to get into a habit of doodling every day.
We’ll start with something simple, just one item, and then move into some more difficult prompts, so you can find something that fits your level.
This post may contain affiliate links. They will be of no extra expense for you, but I receive a small credit. Please see my Disclosure for more details. Thank you for supporting Masha Plans!
Best Doodling Supplies
Of course, you can’t doodle without your supplies, and here are some- of my recommendations.
- A notepad. If you plan to just use a pen, any piece of paper works, but if you want to color it, it’s best to use smooth paper, like on this notepad below.
- A4 in size
- Paper within the notepad is made from Clairefontaine 80 g Superfine Vellum
- 80 detachable micro perforated sheets
- Fineliners. Definitely the best pens for doodling out there. Below are my favorites.
- The Go-To Tool for Art, Work & Play: Black pens create precise marks that stand the test of time
- Point Sizes: Contains 6 of the 03 (0.35 mm) Micron pen; provides precise lines with no bleed
- Archival Quality: Sakura Micron Pen ink is waterproof, fade resistant, bleed free, quick drying, and pH neutral
- Markers. If you do want to add color, you’ll need some markers. You can use anything you have, but for me the ones below are my favorites.
- Double-sided design offers 2 tip sizes in single utensil
- Mild color shows up softly for unique results
- Reusable storage case allows easy storage and travel
Now that you have all your supplies prepared let’s look into these prompts and start doodling.
60 Easy Doodling Prompts
These are some simple basic ideas to get you started.
You can just doodle one thing once, do a doodle dump and draw as many of these as you can think of. Or you can turn it into a creativity drill and try to doodle one thing in as many different ways as you can.
Here are your doodling prompts; I divided them into different categories so it’s easier for you to pick something,
Food and Drink
- Coffee cup
- Boba tea
- Water bottle
- Soda cup
- A journal
- Brush pen
- Paper clip
- Yoga mat
Bath And Beauty
- Yellow duck
- Hand lotion
- Nail polish
- Makeup brushes
- Hand mirror
- Face roller
Travel And Adventure
- Hot air balloon
- Hotel key
- Christmas tree
- Green hat
- Glass of champagne
- Chocolate egg
- Beach ball
- House plants
These are all pretty easy prompts, just one thing. But let’s try something more challenging with this next set of ideas.
15 Creative Doodle Prompts
If the ones above are too easy, here is something special to challenge yourself with.
Try doodling any of these ideas:
- A scene from your favorite cartoon
- Doodles all in the same colors
- Sketch your dream home office
- A view from your window
- A creative mind
- Fill out the page with colorful patterns
- Recreate famous paintings but in doodles
- Something that represents your favorite tv show
- Places you want to visit
- All the things that make you happy
- Your favorite meal
- Perfect date idea in doodles
- Under the sea
- Farm market visit in doodles
- A page of doodles make of patterns
Learn How To Doodle
First of all, here are a few doodling posts that will help you with your doodling and help you to keep on practicing:
- Beginner’s Guide To Bullet Journal Doodles
- Incredible Benefits Of Doodling
- 11 Books On Doodling You’ll Need Right Away
And now it’s time for a freebie – there is a free course on doodling for beginners! It will walk you through all the steps you need to follow to start doodling right away.
Sign up in the form below, and you’ll get all the details once you confirm your subscription.
Which of these prompts will you be using next?
Let us know in the comments.
Hope this post was interesting. If you find it so, please share! If you enjoy my content and want to show your appreciation, please consider supporting me with a cup of coffee.
And remember: Keep Bullet Journaling, and Don’t Be A Blob!