Here on Masha Plans we learn how to start on Bullet Journaling and create an amazing custom planner that helps you with anything you need.
Here I gathered all the posts with all the tips and tricks and other information you need to start a Bullet Journal and succeed with using it.
Because we all know it’s easy to start something new, but it’s a whole new conversation when it comes to customizing it and then sticking to it in the long run.
There is a lot of information here, so let’s talk about the way it is organized.
We will start with things you should probably check out before getting started. because if you want to make Bullet Journaling a part of your life, you should have a solid base going into it.
Next, we’ll talk about what you’ll need to have as a beginner, aka stationery!
That way, you’ll be completely ready to get started, so we’ll be talking about different pages you can create in your journal.
Finally, I added some other tips and tricks, and information that will help you as a beginner.
If you want to just jump into it, check my post Bullet Journaling Guide For Beginners; otherwise, keep on scrolling.
Before Starting A Bullet Journal
If you want to start a Bullet Journal and actually want to make it work for you, there are a few things you should consider and know about the system.
It’s easy to get excited and jump into it, but that enthusiasm won’t last long. You need to give it a bit of thought before starting if you actually want to stick to it.
So here are a few posts I recommend you check out.
- 21 Bullet Journal Myths That Keep You From Starting
- 13 Ridiculously Useful Tips For Bullet Journal Beginners
- 7 Essential Bullet Journaling Tips For Beginners
- 11 Things You Need To Know Before Starting A Bullet Journal
- Bullet Journal FAQ: All Your Questions Answered
- Bullet Journaling Terms Every Beginner Should Know
And here are a few posts to generally convince you to plan on paper.
- 7 Incredible Benefits Of Using A Paper Planner
- Is Bullet Journaling Worth It? 5 Reasons For You To Give It A Try
Stationery For Beginners
Now that you know what you know try to get the supplies you need for your first Bullet Journal.
Check out the posts below:
- 5 Essential Bullet Journal Supplies For Beginners
- 13 Best Notebooks To Use As Your Next Bullet Journal
- How To Choose A Perfect Journal For Yourself
There is so much more I can tell you about stationery! For beginners, I think these posts are enough, but if you’re ready to dive in deeper, check out my resources page with Bullet Journal Supplies.
Starting A Bullet Journal
You have everything prepared; time to get started on creating your first Bullet Journal pages.
You can start with a general post Step By Step Bullet Journal Setup Guide. Or we can go into more detail about each spread.
Also, be sure to check Bullet Journal Cheat Sheet; it will help you go through the process of setting that perfect notebook.
- Bullet Journal For Beginners: Step-By-Step Setup
- Bullet Journal Basics For Beginners
- How To Overcome Bullet Journal First Page Fear
- Bullet Journal First Page Ideas
- Bullet Journal Key: How To Create The Perfect One For You
- Bullet Journal Index: Tips, Tricks, Inspirations
- Bullet Journal Future Log To Plan A Successful Year
- Bullet Journal Monthly Log Ideas And How To Use Them
- Bullet Journal Weekly Spread VS Daily Log
- Finding Your Style Of Bullet Journal Weekly Spread
- What Is A Bullet Journal Daily Log (and 13 daily spread inspirations)
- 50+ Bullet Journal Collections And How To Organize Them
For some more ideas, check out these posts:
- 5 Must-Have Page Ideas For Your Bullet Journal
- 11 Page Ideas For Beginners
- 11 Bullet Journal Layouts For Beginners
Alternatively, you can also just check out my own yearly setup, which I turned into this blog post How To Start A Brand New Bullet Journal.
There are, however, so many more pages you can create in your journal. It can really help you with all things. If you want to dive deeper, check out my resources with Bullet Journal Page Ideas.
The Next Step
You have your Bullet Journal more or less set up, what’s next? You’re probably wondering how to migrate to a new journal once this runs out of pages.
Or maybe how to decorate your journal since you want to have a pretty BuJo but are kind of stuck on figuring out where to get started.
Well, here are a few posts for your next step.
- How To Migrate To Your New Bullet Journal
- 9 Fun and Simple Bullet Journal Decoration Ideas (even if you’re not creative)
- 9 Creative Ways To Decorate Your Journal Pages
- 25 Bullet Journal Hacks To Try Right Away
- 11 Creative Ways To Fix Bullet Journal Mistakes
Finally, here is the most important part – making sure you keep Bullet Journaling even after the new feel of it all wears off.
At a certain point, you’ll find yourself having some difficulties trying to figure out the perfect format; you’ll start forgetting to use your journal.
This is the first obstacle, and most people actually stop here. But you know you want to keep on, so here are a few posts to help you out.
Free Bullet Journal Course For Beginners
I also created a free course for beginners, which divides all this information into tiny bite sizes pieces.
It will lead you step by step through all the content you need to create your perfect journal. And you just need to sign up in the form below to get started.
And that’s it. Just like that, you now have all the information you need to start a Bullet Journal, modify it to fit your needs, and create the life of your dreams.
I hope this list was helpful; if you find it so, please share!
And remember: Keep Bullet Journaling, and Don’t Be A Blob.